March 17, 2020
Dear WZ Client:
1. In light of the recent developments surrounding the spread of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), President Trump signed into law the Coronavirus Preparedness and Response Supplemental Appropriations Act.
2. This enables small businesses to apply for up to $2 million in assistance via low-interest rate loans under a program called the Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program (EIDL).
3. If you are a business in an eligible county you can submit your online application at the link here
Up to this point only a few counties have been approved in the Tri-state area including;
In New York the approved counties are Dutchess, Putnam, and Westchester.
In Connecticut the approved counties are Fairfield, Hartford, Litchfield, Middlesex, New Haven, New London, Tolland, Windham.
New Jersey currently has no approved counties.
For your reference you can see the current list of approved counties at the link here
4. Ideally, it would be optimal for you to submit your application as quickly as possible, and not wait for our availability to do this for you during tax season.
5. If you would like us to help you prepare the application, please understand there will be a fairly significant delay due to the already time-sensitive tax season we are operating in, as well as a small/reduced hourly fee.
Official Press Release from the SBA HERE
As always, the Partners and WZ team remain committed to helping you, your families and your business through these unknown and stressful times.