Wagner & Zwerman LLP is a dynamic, mid-size public accounting firm located in Melville, Long Island and due to our firm’s continuous growth, we are looking for a full-time Senior Accountant to join our stellar team of professionals. This person will be responsible for assisting clients by using out of the box tax thinking and using all legal and accepted means to reduce a client’s tax liability.
This position has career growth potential if you can provide timely, accurate and reliable completion of client engagements, while ensuring delivery is consistent with partner and client expectations. This role requires the ability to create raving fans of our clients by asking the right questions, being an excellent listener and communicator, and providing creative solutions through targeted resources and your technical expertise.
If you are self-motivated, professional, and interested in working in a growing company, then this position is for you!
What are the Essential Functions of the job?
- Work with clients to obtain additional information on taxable income and deductible expenses and allowances.
- Use all appropriate adjustments, deductions, and credits to keep clients’ taxes to a minimum.
- Prepare or assist in preparing simple to complex tax returns for individuals and trusts.
- Compute taxes owed or overpaid and complete entries on forms, following tax form instructions and tax tables.
- Furnish taxpayers with sufficient information and advice.
- Understand trust taxation and requirements.
- Understanding foreign reporting requirements for U.S. individual taxpayers.
- Perform tax research using the firm’s research programs.
- Answer questions and provide tax planning to clients.
- Prepare tax projections for individuals and trusts.
What are the requirements?
- 4-year degree in Accounting/Taxation
- 4 + years of public accounting experience
- Personal and trust tax experience, including projections, planning and analysis.
- CPA license or working towards it
Any other qualifications that WZ is looking for?
- Self-motivation and discipline to regularly set and achieve work goals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to maintain a professional, positive, and affable demeanor, as well as a sense of humor, under pressure and to a variety of people.
- Ability to juggle competing demands and priorities and manage time well (both self and others) even when time is short.
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing, as well as proofread and edit documents for grammar and readability.
- Dependability and outstanding organizational ability with focused attention to detail and follow through.
- Ability to use strong judgment in making independent decisions that affect others.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite – including strong Outlook – as well as proficiency using Gmail, Google Drive, and both Mac and PC products and applications).
Not the job for you? Know someone that might be a good fit? Please send them the link to this job! Thanks very much!
Who is WZ?
For over 55 years, Wagner & Zwerman LLP has been providing quality accounting and financial services to clients across the globe. Today, WZ provides their clients with services that follow “The WZ Way” – an uncommon, refreshing way of viewing a client’s financials with the client’s best interests in mind.
Why would I want to work for WZ?
Most accounting firms are about the numbers, financial statements, tax filings… it’s true. WZ is also about the numbers. That’s where most accounting firms end. For WZ, it’s just the beginning! WZ believes that the professional and personal success of their employees directly translates to the success of the business.
Working at WZ provides unlimited growth potential along with a competitive compensation and benefits package. They also offer flexible hours to accommodate a work-life balance. The WZ office is brand new with state-of-the-art technology and the building offers a restaurant and a gym.
At WZ your professional career trajectory is limitless.