Wagner & Zwerman LLP is a dynamic, mid-size public accounting firm located in Melville, Long Island and due to our firm’s continuous growth, we are looking for an entry level Accountant to join our stellar team of professionals.
If you are self-motivated, professional, and interested in working in a growing company, then this position is for you!
What are the Essential Functions of the job?
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy
- Review accounts for discrepancies and reconcile differences
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice
- Advise clients about issues such as resource utilization, tax strategies, and the assumptions underlying budget forecasts
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting, or other tax requirements.
- Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop, or maintain solutions to business and financial problems
What are the requirements?
- Minimum Education:
- 4-year degree in Accounting
- Required Experience:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in accounting
- Knowledge of business tax and audit a plus
- Knowledge of QuickBooks
Any other qualifications that WZ is looking for?
- Strong analytical skills and ability to think “outside the box”.
- Self-motivation and discipline to regularly set and achieve work goals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to maintain a professional, positive, and affable demeanor, as well as a sense of humor, under pressure and to a variety of people.
- Ability to juggle competing demands and priorities and manage time well (both self and others) even when time is short.
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing, as well as proofread and edit documents for grammar and readability.
- Dependability and outstanding organizational ability with focused attention to detail and follow through.
- Ability to use strong judgment in making independent decisions that affect others.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite – including strong Outlook – as well as proficiency using Gmail, Google Drive, and both Mac and PC products and applications).
Not the job for you? Know someone that might be a good fit? Please send them the link to this job! Thanks very much!
Who is WZ?
For over 55 years, Wagner & Zwerman LLP has been providing quality accounting and financial services to clients across the globe. Today, WZ provides their clients with services that follow “The WZ Way” – an uncommon, refreshing way of viewing a client’s financials with the client’s best interests in mind.
Check out their website, but you have to come back here to apply to this job!
Why would I want to work for WZ?
Most accounting firms are about the numbers, financial statements, tax filings… it’s true. WZ is also about the numbers. That’s where most accounting firms end. For WZ, it’s just the beginning! WZ believes that the professional and personal success of their employees directly translates to the success of the business.
Working at WZ provides unlimited growth potential along with a competitive compensation and benefits package. They also offer flexible hours to accommodate a work-life balance. The WZ office is brand new with state-of-the-art technology and the building offers a restaurant and a gym.
At WZ your professional career trajectory is limitless.