Wagner & Zwerman LLP is a dynamic, mid-size public accounting firm located in Melville, Long Island and due to our firm’s continuous growth, we are looking for a full-time Tax and Trust Senior Accountant to join our stellar team of professionals. This person will be responsible for assisting clients by using out of the box tax thinking and using all legal and accepted means to reduce a client’s tax liability.
This position has career growth potential if you can provide timely, accurate and reliable completion of client engagements, while ensuring delivery is consistent with partner and client expectations. This role requires the ability to create raving fans of our clients by asking the right questions, being an excellent listener and communicator, and providing creative solutions through targeted resources and your technical expertise.
If you are self-motivated, professional, and interested in working in a growing company, then this position is for you!
What are the Essential Functions of the job?
Business Tax Preparation:
- Work with clients to obtain additional information on taxable income and deductible expenses and allowances.
- Use all appropriate adjustments, deductions, and credits to keep clients’ taxes to a minimum.
- Prepare or assist in preparing simple to complex tax returns for individuals.
- Compute taxes owed or overpaid and complete entries on forms, following tax form instructions and tax tables.
- Furnish taxpayers with sufficient information and advice to ensure correct tax form completion.
- Check data input or verify totals on forms prepared by others to detect errors in arithmetic, data entry, or procedures.
- Consult tax law handbooks or bulletins to determine procedures for preparation of atypical returns.
- Answer questions and provide future tax planning to clients.
- Review financial records such as income statements and documentation of expenditures to determine forms needed to prepare tax returns.
- Explain federal and state tax laws to individuals and companies.
What are the requirements?
- Minimum Education:
- 4-year degree in Accounting/Taxation
- Required Experience:
- 3 + years of public accounting experience
- Business and trust tax experience, including projections, planning and analysis.