Wagner & Zwerman LLP is a dynamic, mid-size public accounting firm located in Melville, Long Island and due to our firm’s continuous growth, we are looking for a full-time Audit and Attest Staff / Senior to join our stellar team of professionals.
This position has career growth potential if you can provide timely, accurate and reliable completion of client engagements, while ensuring delivery is consistent with partner and client expectations. This role requires the ability to create raving fans of our clients by asking the right questions, being an excellent listener and communicator, and providing creative solutions through targeted resources and your technical expertise.
What are the Essential Functions of the job?
- Review and prepare audited and reviewed financial statements with full footnote disclosures in accordance with GAAP, modified cash and tax bases of accounting.
- Demonstrate an in depth knowledge of Audit Planning and Risk Assessment, and correlate that knowledge with execution of efficient audit work.
- Prepare quarterly financial reports and related schedules for presentation to owners or at Board meetings.
- Collect and analyze data to detect deficient controls, duplicated effort, extravagance, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and management policies.
- Inspect account books and accounting systems for efficiency, effectiveness, and use of accepted accounting procedures to record transactions.
- Prepare, analyze, and verify annual reports, financial statements, and other records, using accepted accounting and statistical procedures to assess financial condition and facilitate financial planning.
- Review data about material assets, net worth, liabilities, surplus, income, and expenditures.
- Examine and evaluate financial and information systems, recommending controls to ensure system reliability and data integrity.
- Examine records and interview workers to ensure recording of transactions and compliance with laws and regulations.
What are the requirements?
- 4-year degree in Accounting
- 2 + years of auditing experience
- CPA a plus
Any other qualifications that WZ is looking for?
- Strong analytical skills and ability to think “outside the box”.
- Self-motivation and discipline to regularly set and achieve work goals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to maintain a professional, positive, and affable demeanor, as well as a sense of humor, under pressure and to a variety of people.
- Ability to juggle competing demands and priorities and manage time well (both self and others) even when time is short.
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing, as well as proofread and edit documents for grammar and readability.
- Dependability and outstanding organizational ability with focused attention to detail and follow through.
- Ability to use strong judgment in making independent decisions that affect others.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite), and experience with ProSystem FX Engagement and PPC a plus.
Not the job for you? Know someone that might be a good fit? Please send them the link to this job! Thanks very much!